Since 2010, start-ups changed drastically. Within this short span of time the alignment of technology and innovative organizational structures has resulted in a new type of work culture. Whether it is using key performance indicators (KPIs) to analyze commercial progress, online and social media marketing or the way in which workers interact with their parent company – a lot has changed. One notable trend in this decade has been the increase of remote workers –workers who contribute from around the world and don’t have to physically sit in an office space in order to be considered a full-time employee.
Attendance Analysis Systems
Ever since the industrial era, attendance and time-tracking for workers has been carried out by time clocks. These time clocks have various forms. Attendance is logged in modern start-ups in a lot of ways, the most common practices being–
- Punch cards
- Bar code entry and exit system
- Magnetic swipe cards
- Biometrics (facial recognition scans, fingerprint scans, etc.)
The stored information can then be transmitted into software that can supervise payrolls and day offs, etc. – all automatically. Modern start-ups that employ remote workers especially need these well-devised devices that can keep an eye on mobile and remote workers by means of geo-location tags, etc. Here are the key reasons why every start-up must invest in an Automated Attendance System –
- No need for manual tracking – The main advantage of these automated systems is that it eradicates the need of tracking workers manually which can be a tedious process. Attendance is registered electronically and all the other tasks are carried out automatically as well – be it salary calculation, calculating how many days a worker should get in their leave-period, and so on.
- Finance Management – Advanced tracking of job-appraisal and labor force distribution, combined with convenience of real time information, offers improved opinions of a company’s KPIs such as hours spent in the office, salaries, worker count, working status, overtime, etc. Several insurance companies require such detailed employee data like overall monthly work hours and the like. Data collected in these systems is accessible without difficulty and are hundred times more accurate as compared to the human error prone manual systems.
- Trouble-free Payroll Processing– Wages are the most critical part of any business. Using automated systems such as biometric arrangements directly have a massive influence on the dispensation of payrolls. These automated systems can also be used to keep a track on workers, which can be precisely integrated with staff management systems. These systems prevent excessive cost expenditures by avoiding unsanctioned overtimes.
- A good Return on Investment – Although investing in an automated system may seem too expensive at face value, when assessing the advantages of such a system, the ROI is very good. Not only does such a system eliminate flaws and loopholes of human error prone manual entry systems, but they also save working hours for the HR department by forming a strong foundation of electronic information which is shareable across several platforms.
Cut down proxy attendance and the ineffectiveness of employees by investing in a good Automated Attendance System.
Automated attendance systems are greatly beneficial in tracking employees, whether they are working remotely or in office. Automation in attendance eliminates the need for tedious manual tracking and also offers real time information that leads to more accurate evaluation of KPIs. On the whole, it is a good Return on Investment for the HR department.